Muslim rapper at Bataclan ‘sacrilege’ says French right (AFP)
French right up in arms about provocative Muslim rapper gig at Bataclan FRANCE 24
Note the headline — “French right,” as if this were the position of the leftist-designated fringe. Humanity, decency and reason are now relegated to the “far right” — the worst margins of society — by the authoritarians of the leftist elite. “Cheese-eating surrender monkeys,” indeed.
The Bataclan should have been made a shrine to the hundreds of millions of victims of jihad around the globe and throughout history. Instead, it is a symbol of Islamic conquest and abject submission. This, too, is a form of terror.
Talk about dancing on their graves …..
The devout Muslim terrorists who attacked the Bataclan theater in Paris not only murdered ninety innocent souls (130 killed in total in the Paris attacks) —
they also gouged out the eyes and sliced up the genitals of some of the victims, according to testimony in a disturbing French report.
Some victims’ bodies from the second floor of the theater had been beheaded, eviscerated and otherwise mutilated, according to two accounts reported to a parliamentary commission set up to investigate the attack.
The investigation’s chair, conservative lawmaker Georges Fenech, complained to the commission that details of the mutilations have been kept from families and the press, according to an online transcript. (NY Post)
They scrubbed and censored the savagery so that barbarians such as Medine can take to the stage in a vicious act of supremacy, triumph and mockery.
Muslim rapper at Bataclan ‘sacrilege’ says French right
Laure FILLON, Fiachra GIBBONS, AFP, June 11, 2018
People stand in front of the Bataclan concert venue during ceremonies across Paris marking the second anniversary of the terror attacks of November 2015 (AFP Photo/STEPHANE DE SAKUTIN)
Paris (AFP) – Rightwing French leaders have condemned as “sacrilege” a decision to allow a provocative Muslim rapper to play the Bataclan concert hall in Paris where jihadists massacred 90 people three years ago.
Singer Medine — who caused an outcry when he attacked hardline secularists in a controversial 2015 song, “Don’t Laik”, a week before the Charlie Hebdo killings — is to play the Bataclan for two nights in October.
French opposition leader Laurent Wauquiez said he was shocked that “someone who sings about ‘crucifying secularists’ and calls himself ‘Islamo-scum'” would appear at the venue “less than three years after Islamist barbarism cost the lives of 90 of our compatriots.
“It is sacrilege and dishonours France,” the leader of the Republicans party tweeted.
Far-right leader Marine Le Pen said that “no French person can accept that this guy spew out his rubbish at the Bataclan”.
“We have had enough of complacency and worse, of this incitement to Islamist fundamentalism,” she added in a tweet.
An online petition organised by her National Rally party — formerly the National Front — calling for the concerts to be banned had more than 17,000 signatures by Monday evening.
– ‘Buffoons’ –
But fans of the rapper took to social media to dismiss the politicians as “buffoons” who had misread his lyrics and were “incapable of understanding a simple quotation”.
Medine himself later hit back in a statement to AFP saying, “Can we let the extreme right dictate what concerts go on and our freedom of expression?
“For 15 years I have fought all forms of radicalisation in my albums which has led to me being attacked by the extreme right and their supporters, who twist the meaning of my songs,” he added.
The Bataclan’s co-director Jules Frutos did not respond to AFP requests for comment.
But the former leader of one of the Bataclan’s victims’ groups, Emmanuel Domenach, sent stinging replies to both Wauquiez and Le Pen’s tweets: “It’s crazy for you to use the victims of terrorism for your sterile controversy.
“What level of dishonour does that put you in?” he asked.
Victims’ group Life for Paris also defended the Bataclan, saying it was against censorship and that the venue should be free to book who it wanted.
“We will not let anyone use the memory of the victims for political ends, as is the case here,” it said in a statement.
– ‘I’m Muslim. Don’t panik’ –
The bearded Medine, who comes from the northern port of Le Havre and is of Algerian descent, has denied that he is an Islamist, comparing himself to “a bomb disposal expert who has been mistaken for someone who plants them”.
His fans pointed out that his song “Jihad” — which former interior minister Brice Hortefeux said he would have brought charges against Medine for releasing — was in fact a cry against violence and war between religions and cultures.
Medine, 35, also co-authored a 2012 book “Don’t Panik” with a leading French academic which they said was an attempt to take the heat out of the French culture war over Islam.
His record company also sells a line of T-shirts bearing the legend: “I’m Muslim. Don’t panik.”
But he became the bete noire of hardline secularists after 11 people were killed in a jihadist attack on the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine in January 2015, only a week after his “Don’t Laik” song was released, a play on the French word for secular.
In it he said, “Let’s crucify the secularists like at Calvary… put fatwas on the heads of these idiots.”
The rapper later admitted that “he went too far” in the song.
Medine said the song was to “secular fundamentalists what Charlie Hebdo cartoons were to religious fundamentalists”.
“Provocation is only useful when it provokes a debate, not when it triggers an iron curtain,” he told an academic conference on rap, the music magazine Les Inrocks reported.
However, Aurore Berge, an MP from French President Emmanuel Macron’s ruling Republic on the Move party, said having him headline a concert at the Bataclan was an “insult” to the victims of the slaughter.
Bruno Retailleau, the leader of the opposition Republicans in the French Senate called on the government to prosecute the rapper in the same way as firebrand comedian Dieudonne, who was convicted of glorifying terrorism in 2015.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.