Police in France just stopped an attack on a swingers’ club in the Loiret region, just north of Paris, and arrested the suspect — surprise, surprise, a radicalized convert to Islam, according to a source tied to the investigation.
Officials discovered an “improvised explosive device,” or IED, at the home of the suspect. The man who lived there admitted he was going to use the device to commit an act of terror, police said.
This is the fifth terror plot that France has intercepted and stopped this year.
From the Daily Mail:
French police thwarted an attack on a swingers’ club in the Loiret region north of Paris last month, arresting a ‘radicalised convert’ to Islam, a source close to the inquiry said today.
‘An improvised explosive device was found at his home and the man admitted that he wanted to use it to target a swingers’ club,’ the source told AFP.
The plot is the fifth to be thwarted in France this year and comes with the country still on high alert after a string of jihadist assaults since 2015 that have claimed more than 240 lives.
It was revealed just hours after police sources said two men had been charged on suspicion of planning an attack in the name of Islamic State which may have targeted gay people.
Sources close to the probe said the men, described as friends aged 21 and 22, were arrested Saturday in the Seine-et-Marne region east of Paris.
Searches found two knives, a detonation system and IS propaganda material in their possession, a source said.
‘Their plan was still ill-defined at this stage, but there were elements to suggest they planned to attack homosexuals,’ one source added.
The two men, said to be unknown to security services, were charged on Tuesday by an anti-terrorism judge and detained.
Agents with the DGSI domestic intelligence service were first alerted to their plans several weeks ago after ‘they referred several times to a plan for an attack,’ said a source close to the inquiry, describing them as ‘very determined’.
‘One of them had mentioned trying to find a weapon,’ another source told AFP.
Prime Minister Edouard Philippe told parliament in March that a total of 51 planned attacks had been thwarted since January 2015, when gunman killed 12 people after storming the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.