What’s ironic is that YouTube had this video up at all, but in this case, it had a court order telling it to put it up after it took it down previously. YouTube, like the other social media giants, is eagerly sharia-compliant. My account was recently terminated because of a 2014 video entitled, “Al Qaeda and Islamic State flags in London’s tunnels.” The video shows jihadis displaying al Qaeda and Islamic state flags on one of London’s tunnels (see this). So telling the truth gets your account terminated at YouTube. Meanwhile, Anwar al-Awlaki’s calls for killing the kuffar were readily available on YouTube for years, until too many people noticed and YouTube finally had to act.
You fought back and won and my YouTube account was reinstated. But I am still concerned about others who are suspended and don’t have a large social media presence to deploy. We must consider anti-trust laws or legislation to penalize social media giants who suppress our unalienable rights.
“Top Egypt court orders temporary YouTube ban over Prophet Mohammad video,” Reuters, May 27, 2018:
Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.
Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.
Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.
CAIRO (Reuters) – Egypt’s top administrative court ruled on Saturday that regulators must block the video file-sharing site YouTube for one month over a video that denigrates the Prophet Mohammad, a lawyer who filed the case told Reuters.
A lower administrative court had ordered that the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology block YouTube, owned by Google, in 2013 over the video, but the case was appealed and its ruling stayed during the appeal process….
The film “Innocence of Muslims”, a low-budget 13-minute video, was billed as a film trailer and made in California with private funding. It provoked a wave of anti-American unrest in Egypt and other Muslim countries when it appeared in 2012.
Mohamed Hamid Salem, a lawyer who filed the case in 2013, said the ruling also orders that all links that broadcast the film be blocked.
The ruling is considered final and cannot be appealed.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.