?‼?? #Austria: Last year in April 2017, three young asylum seekers brutally assaulted, abducted & raped a 15-year-old local girl in #Tulln. Today in court, came a Afghan, a Somali and the 3rd offender can not be found. The rapists was acquitted today! https://t.co/ThGvl67rJh pic.twitter.com/zGemYsulKa
— Onlinemagazin (@OnlineMagazin) March 27, 2018
Acquittals in the rape process
The case of alleged gang rape had caused horror throughout Austria.
Two 19-year-olds were acquitted on Tuesday in St. Pölten of the allegation of rape of a 15-year-olds in Tulln in doubt. The judge referred in the verdict to numerous contradictions in the statements of the girl. The public prosecutor’s office filed an appeal for nullity, so that the judgments are not final. The two asylum seekers were released in succession.
Two members of the Schoten senate were for an acquittal and two for a guilty verdict, said the presiding judge in the verdict in the evening. It was not easy to make the decision. He referred to contradictions in the five interrogations of the girl, among other things in relation to the course of events – for example, whether it was two or three men. The incident was “certainly not as in the indictment,” said the judge. The entire Senate senate assume that it was probably first came to a “more or less friendly meeting” between the three or four participants, in which a joint was in the game.
Defendant in the rape case
The 15-year-old claimed to have been persecuted and raped three times on her way from Tulln Station to her father’s home on April 25, 2017. Finally, she broke free and fled home. Among other things, scratches were found in the hospital and sperm traces of the two defendants were also ensured.
“Pulled all registers”
The public prosecutor’s office had “pulled out all the stops” for clarification, the judge also referred in his extensive statement of reasons to the performed mass DNA. Sixty-five men had to hand over DNA samples by order of the prosecution. As a result, the two 19-year-olds from Afghanistan and Somalia had been investigated as suspects. After the arrest of the duo Tulln mayor Peter Eisenschenk (ÖVP) had until the final clarification of the cause a stop to the allocation of new asylum seekers.
Defendant in the rape case
The defendants had not pleaded guilty on Tuesday, according to their defenders, according to the two asylum seekers, the intercourse should have been amicable. The judge also stated in the grounds of the judgment that there were contradictions in the statements of the first accused. The trial took place in camera.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.