News Ticker >
[ February 18, 2019 ]

Seven MPs quit the Labour Party over antisemitism

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Hitler-Lover Farrakhan Praises Omar for Anti-Semitic Language: ‘You Have Nothing to Apologize For’

[ February 18, 2019 ]

‘No Muslim Should Cooperate with the Police’

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Miraculous Israel will launch a spacecraft to the moon this week

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Canadian Muslim revealed to be notorious jihadi: ‘You’ll never kill the love for jihad’

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Democrat Pulls Gun On Man Wearing MAGA Hat, ‘It’s A Good Day For You To...

[ February 18, 2019 ]

British Muslima: Ariana Grande Pop Concert Bombing “Fair Retaliation”

[ February 18, 2019 ]

New York Times Blames Jews for 9/11

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Graham vows investigation into McCabe comments about DoJ discussions to remove Trump

[ February 18, 2019 ]

Hollywood Rallies Around Jew-Hater Ilhan Omar: ‘I’m a Jew; She Was Right About AIPAC’

Nigeria’s Boko Haram Crisis: Yobe Schoolgirls Missing

12

About 100 school children went missing after Boko Haram militants attacked a boarding school in northern Nigeria.

Some schoolgirls were rescued by the military.

But the terrorists still have hold of dozens. And this attack comes about four years after the same terror organization kidnapped 270-plus girls from another school located in the Nigerian town of Chibok. Some of those girls are still missing.

Here’s a brief video on the current situation:

And BBC has more:

Some of the schoolgirls missing after a militant attack on a boarding school in northern Nigeria have been rescued by the military, officials say.

About 100 children were believed to be missing after pupils and teachers fled into bush outside the town of Dapchi during the attack.

Parents told the BBC they had seen girls being taken away in trucks.

The attack comes four years after Boko Haram kidnapped more than 270 girls from a school in the town of Chibok.

In a statement, the Yobe state government said an unspecified number of girls had been rescued from the “terrorists who abducted them” and were now with the army.

Reuters news agency quoted parents and a government official as saying that 76 girls had been rescued and at least 13 were still missing

Two girls had been found dead, Reuters said, without specifying how they had died.

Yobe state officials had previously said there was no information to suggest any of the girls had been kidnapped.

Dapchi is about 275km (170 miles) north-west of Chibok.

The jihadists entered the town firing guns and letting off explosives, causing students and teachers to flee into the surrounding bush.

Residents say that Nigeria’s security forces – backed by military jets – later repelled the attack.

Locals living near the school told the BBC that many of the girls who had fled had been found after hiding in surrounding villages – some up to 30km away.

Yobe’s police minister said that 815 of the school’s 926 students had later returned to the school.

The minister was speaking before news that more girls had been rescued by the military.

Last September, a group of more than 100 of the Chibok girls were reunited with their families at a party in Abuja.

Most of the group were released in May as part of a controversial prisoner swap deal with the Nigerian government that saw five Boko Haram commanders released.

But more than 100 schoolgirls are still being held by Boko Haram, and their whereabouts are unknown.

Boko Haram militants have been fighting a long insurgency in their quest for an Islamic state in northern Nigeria. The conflict is estimated to have killed tens of thousands of people.

The Chibok girls represent a fraction of the women captured by the militant group, which has kidnapped thousands during its eight-year insurgency in northern Nigeria.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest