“Mr Collomb said that the terrorist threat to France would ‘endure for years to come’ and remained ‘high.'”
“Endure for years to come”? He is dreaming. It will endure for as long as there are people in France who believe that Allah commands them to make war against unbelievers and subjugate them under the rule of Sharia. It is the refusal of Collomb and other officials like him to admit that at least some Muslims believe this way that is prolonging the conflict. France has already foiled two jihad terror attacks this year? It hasn’t seen anything yet.
“France foils TWO terror attacks threatening to strike a football squad and school,” By Romina McGuinness, Express, February 26, 2018 (thanks to Mark):
And if you can, please contribute to Geller Report. YOU make the work possible.
FRANCE has foiled two terror attacks threatening to strike schoolchildren and a football squad as Emmanuel Macron’s interior minister warns ISIS is targeting the West as a result of the group’s military setbacks in Iraq and Syria.
French interior minister Gérard Collomb said intelligence services had foiled two terrorist attacks so far this year.
One of the two attack plotters arrested mid-January had planned to hit a “major sporting facility” in western France, Mr Collomb told Europe 1 radio.
France’s DGSI internal intelligence agency initially believed that the would-be attacker, an 18-year-old Islam convert, was “only” planning to flee to Syria, but discovered that his plans were a lot more sinister after conducting a raid on his home.
The youth had been planning to launch an attack on an “elite” football team and had already scouted out a football stadium, according to Europe 1. He was also trying to get hold of a weapon.
However the attack was still in its “planning stage” and “was in no way imminent,” France’s security chief said.
The second aspiring jihadist had been plotting a two-part attack: he had planned to target an anti-terror ‘Sentinelle’ troop on patrol and a school in south-eastern France.
The suspect, a 33-year-old Islam convert who had pledged allegiance to ISIS in a video recovered during the police raid, had already acquired bomb-making equipment and was looking to buy a weapon online, security officials said….
Mr Collomb said that the terrorist threat to France would “endure for years to come” and remained “high”.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.