New York City Mayor “Red Bill” de Blasio ended a successful program that had stood several court challenges, of surveillance of mosques and Muslim communities in the New York City area. Since then, we have seen several jihad terror massacres and attempted massacres in the city, and there will be more. And so now this tool is spending fifty million dollars on barriers that will just make the city uglier and more difficult to traverse. He is tacitly granting the reality of the Islamic terror that he denies, and just trying to minimize the damage it will cause. He ought to be impeached and the surveillance program reinstated. Saifullo Saipov, the truck jihadi who killed eight people by driving his truck onto a Manhattan bike path, attended a mosque that had been under surveillance. He could have been stopped, were it not for de Blasio’s politically correct pandering to the Islamic community in New York.
“New York to install 1,500 security barriers after vehicle attacks,” BBC, January 3, 2018:
The mayor of New York City has announced plans to install 1,500 steel street barriers to prevent vehicle attacks.
Bill de Blasio said the protective barriers were part of a $50m (£37m) investment in security infrastructure.
The move comes after two vehicle attacks in 2017 that killed nine people in total.
The new permanent barriers will replace temporary concrete blocks that were put in place after the incidents….
“But we know there are some out there who mean to do us evil and we will protect against it.”
Last Halloween, a 29-year-old man drove his truck into people on a cycle path in Lower Manhattan, killing eight people and injuring 11.
In May, another driver rammed his vehicle into the crowds on sidewalks in Times Square, killing a 18-year-old and injuring a further 20 people….
“That was necessary to immediately secure those areas in light on these new trends we’ve seen,” Mr Blasio [sic] said.
“But we knew we needed long-term solutions, we needed permanent barriers.”
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.