News Ticker >
[ February 15, 2019 ]

Jacques Brel on an open thread

[ February 15, 2019 ]

Muslim suspect in murder of Jewish teen: ‘I wanted to kill a Jew and be...

[ February 15, 2019 ]

Syracuse University: Anti-Israel Organizers Endorse Terrorist Group Hamas

[ February 15, 2019 ]

Muslim Researcher Mohamed Gad El-Zoghby: We Should Erect a Statue of Hitler Because of What...

[ February 15, 2019 ]

Address Records Show Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) Still Lived With Her First Husband Throughout Marriage...

[ February 15, 2019 ]

Bernie Sanders Called Ilhan Omar to Offer His Support After Her Jew-Hating Tweets

[ February 15, 2019 ]

BBC in full sharia mode: “Salman Rushdie radicalised my generation”

[ February 15, 2019 ]

In Jew-hating Muslim Rep. Ilhan Omar’s Minnesota district, police deal with gangs, tight-lipped Somali Muslim...

[ February 14, 2019 ]

“I did it for my daughter,” says woman arrested for headscarf protest in Iran

[ February 14, 2019 ]

US Ambassador Grenell blasts Germany for celebrating 40th anniversary of the Iranian Islamic Revolution, a...

ISIS Jihadists Have Left Syria and Are Heading Back to Europe to Mount Terror Attacks, Says Captured Militant

14

ISIS terrorists are on the march, and they’re exiting Syria, stage left, for more fertile bombing and killing grounds — namely, Europe.

That’s according to Saddam al-Hamadi, a 26-year-old ISIS operative who was detained by Turkish authorities last month.

He says terrorists are exploiting the fall of Raqqa to travel to the United Kingdom.

Here’s a brief video about the situation:

The Daily Mail has more:

A former Islamic State militant captured after the fall of Raqqa says that jihadist fighters have left Syria intending to travel to Europe to launch attacks.

Saddam al-Hamadi, 26, was arrested by Turkish security forces last month after exploiting an evacuation deal designed to free civilians.

He was detained as he reached the Turkey-Syria border.

But the ex-ISIS fighter has warned that extremists planned to use the chaos of the fall of Raqqa to travel to Europe.

Talking to ITV while in Turkish custody, Al-Hamadi said: ‘They will go overseas to launch terrorist attacks in some areas in Europe.

‘They went to Europe after the withdrawal. Before that they thought the Europeans were infidels, non-believers.

‘They will get out, across Turkey and into Europe where they will launch terrorist attacks and other things.’

The alleged terrorist said he had helped to smuggle new ISIS recruits into the group’s de facto capital, Raqqa.

He said that during eighteen months there, many frontline roles were reserved for foreign fighters, including British recruits.

‘I used to receive people from outside Raqqa – from Idlib and other places.

‘We would wait for them at night and smuggle them inside. They would be trained in military courses and religious courses in the centres.’

He claims to have used his knowledge of smuggling routes into ISIS territory to find a way out.

Al-Hamadi told Turkish interrogators that he was attempting to get to Europe to earn a living for his family in Syria, not to commits acts of terrorism.

A judge is due to hear his case this week.

Counter-terrorism officials in London, Paris and Berlin are concerned that the collapse of Islamic State group’s so-called caliphate will encourage some fighters to launch attacks in Europe.

Last month, Andrew Parker, the director-general of MI5 warned of a dramatic shift in the threat from terrorism in the UK.

‘It’s the highest tempo I have seen in my 34-year career’ he said.

Whitehall officials believe that although few of the 800 British extremists who travelled to Syria have come back, radicalised returners are likely to present a growing threat to Britain’s national security as ISIS territory shrinks in Syria.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest