Several regions in London can now be considered “no go zones” because the sharia-minded Muslims who live there wouldn’t hesitate to throw acid in the faces of visitors who don’t abide strict Islamic rules of dress and behavior.
The left likes to scoff at the whole idea of no go zones and call them figments of anti-Muslim imaginations.
Listen to this one survivor of an acid attack in the United Kingdom tell his story, from July 2017:
Truth is: in parts of the world, acid attacks real.
And sadly, sections of London can now be added to that list — at least in the eyes of one former Labour minister.
The Daily Mail has more:
Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.
Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.
Acid attack threats have made parts of London ‘no go areas’, a former Labour minister has claimed.
Stephen Timms made the comment and told MPs that the UK had ‘the highest rate of attacks per capita’ in the world.
MPs debated the response to corrosive substance attacks and the longstanding Labour MP (East Ham) called on the Government to take ‘significant action’.
He said: ‘I’ve had a number of discussions with representatives of moped delivery drivers and they say there are now parts of London where their drivers are not willing to go because of the danger of attack.
‘I think all of us would regard it as unacceptable that there are no go areas in parts of London and parts of the UK.
‘I think it requires some significant action to deal with the problem’.
Fellow Labour MP Lyn Brown (West Ham), who secured the debate, called for a toughening of regulations as she said ‘people were living in fear’.
Ms Brown told ministers that their first steps to crack down on acid attacks ‘had been positive’. However she added that they were starting to play catch-up due to a ‘red tape bonfire’ in 2015.
She said: ‘A number of changes were made to the law in 2015 as part of the Deregulation Act, the red tape bonfire.
‘The Act scrapped the obligation on sellers of dangerous substances, including acids, to be registered with their local council.
‘This was despite opposing advice from the medical experts as well as the Government’s own advisory board on dangerous substances.
‘I fear that these changes are partly responsible for the rise in acid attacks.’
DUP MP Jim Shannon (Strangford) called for reforms to ensure that the perpetrators of acid attacks were charged with attempted murder.
He added: ‘We need to change the legislation and need to represent those people who are recipients of attack.
‘I sincerely urge that the Government takes all of this into consideration and brings attacks on par with knife violence crimes and ensures that the sentence fits the crime, which leaves a life destroyed.’
This debate comes after Arthur Collins, the ex-boyfriend of UK reality TV star Ferne McCann, threw acid across a dance floor over two Australian model sisters.
He was handed a 25 year sentence, which included an extended licence of five years.
The incident happened at Mangle E8 club in Dalston, west London, on April 17 and left sisters, Isobella and Prue Fraser with severe chemical burns.
The pair took themselves to hospital and posted photos of their injuries online.
Collins, 25, injured 22 people when he hurled the liquid and later branded the crime as ‘a silly little mistake’.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email email@example.com
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.