The suspect in the recent New York City terror attack, Sayfullo Saipov, said he’s been plotting his horror for almost a year, according to prosecutors.
And he settled on the use of a rental truck as his tool of terror about two months ago.
Moreover, Saipov said he intentionally picked Halloween because he thought it would offer him the opportunity to kill and injure the most.
Saipov, 29, was charged in the deadliest attack on U.S. soil since September 11, 2001.
The Daily Caller News Foundation found more:
Quick note: Tech giants are shutting us down. You know this. Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Adsense, Pinterest permanently banned us. Facebook, Google search et al have shadow-banned, suspended and deleted us from your news feeds. They are disappearing us. But we are here. We will not waver. We will not tire. We will not falter, and we will not fail. Freedom will prevail.
Subscribe to Geller Report newsletter here — it’s free and it’s critical NOW when informed decision making and opinion is essential to America's survival. Share our posts on your social channels and with your email contacts. Fight the great fight.
Remember, YOU make the work possible. If you can, please contribute to Geller Report.
Investigators questioned those close to Saipov, and they said he had been heading down a dark path of destruction for “years.”
Saipov left behind letters at the crime scene written in Arabic, leading authorities to believe he is connected with the Islamic State and radical Islamic terrorism. He was heard shouting the terrorist chant “Allahu Akbar” after hitting a school bus and jumping out of his car, running into oncoming traffic.
He also requested an ISIS flag be hung in his hospital room to while he recovers from wounds. Investigators are still looking into if Saipov acted alone or had additional accomplices.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.