News Ticker >
[ February 16, 2019 ]

New York Muslim on way to Pakistan to join jihad terror group arrested at US...

[ February 16, 2019 ]

Muslim Cleric: Non-Muslims Must Convert to Islam, Pay Jizya, or Be Fought and Killed

[ February 16, 2019 ]

South Carolina: Muslim plants homemade explosives all over Anderson County

[ February 16, 2019 ]

Pakistani Muslim cleric says: “Because of the blasphemy laws, thousands of people have been saved”

[ February 16, 2019 ]

Muslim who stabbed man while shouting “I’m going to kill you, Allah Allah” pleads not...

[ February 16, 2019 ]

Kingsborough Community College professor targeted for being a conservative Jew

[ February 16, 2019 ]

Algeria: Muslims murder university student, write “He is Gay” on the wall in blood

[ February 16, 2019 ]

Instagram submits to sharia, deletes gay Muslim comic strip after Indonesia outrage

[ February 16, 2019 ]

LGBTI groups call for boycott of Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv

[ February 16, 2019 ]

Amazon blasts Ocasio-Cortez, says ‘we don’t want to work in this environment in the long...

Five Muslims arrested after ‘failed bomb attempt’ in upscale Paris district

130

The big story carefully avoided and/or ignored by the mainstream press is the acts of jihad or attempted jihad in just the past couple of days. The motive in Vegas still remains to be determined (though ISIS insists Paddock is one of theirs); still, the jihad slaughter in Marseilles and the ramming and stabbing in Edmonton have been largely ignored.

Now this.

Five arrested after ‘failed bomb attempt’ in upmarket Paris district

Police were alerted about suspicious activity in a building, where they later found and deactivated an explosive device.

October 3, 2017, Sky News:

Five people are in custody after an apparent failed bomb attempt in an upmarket district of Paris.

Police were alerted by a member of the public about suspicious activity in a building in the Porte d’Auteuil neighbourhood on Saturday.

 Authorities later found and deactivated an explosive device.

Two gas cylinders had been discovered in the hallway of the building and two others on the pavement outside.

A mobile phone attached to the cylinders was being investigated as a possible detonator, reports suggested.

An inquiry by counter-terrorism prosecutors is under way following the alert in the affluent 16th district of the French capital.

Police at scene of attack
Image: Two women were killed in a knife attack in Marseille on Sunday

Interior minister Gerard Collomb said one of those arrested was on a police terror watchlist and had been “radicalised”.

Mr Collomb said the discovery of the device showed again that France was at an “extremely high” risk of terrorist attacks.

French politicians are set to vote later on a new counter-terror law designed to end the country’s two-year state of emergency.

Authorities would be able to place people under house arrest, order house searches and ban public gatherings without needing the prior approval of a judge.

Human rights groups and UN experts have claimed the proposed legislation gives too much power to the state.

French soldiers at a train station in Paris
Image: France is under a state of emergency following a number of terror attacks

However, Mr Collomb argued that the Paris incident and a knife attack in Marseille on Sunday that left two women dead underlined the importance of tough new security laws.

The legislation was approved by the upper house Senate in July and is set to be backed in the lower National Assembly, where the ruling centrist En Marche party has a comfortable majority.

At least 12 planned attacks in France have been foiled since the start of the year, officials claim.

The country has been under a state of emergency since the gun and bomb attacks in Paris in November 2015, which killed 130 people and left more than 400 injured.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest