Dateline, Istanbul, Turkey – 2017: Statesmen have long ago abandoned the seats and the jobs of state into which these rank profiteers, amateurs, and demagogues of all colors have become entrenched since the 1960’s. One of the last statesmen to hold office in a Western country, Sir Winston Churchill, today sits in public school textbooks oddly silent about Islam – and yet he apparently only had to say something about Nazism and Germany and nothing else – not even anything about Colonialism, about the British Empire or the US Civil War – subjects that he studies and wrote whole tomes about. The reason is that the Left wishes to keep it that way in the public eye because of what he had to say on the subject of Islam from a first-hand experience perspective and not from some standpoint of “feel good”, “peace forever” or “let’s all hold hands and embrace diversity” myopic and cheesy nonsense with which the Left brainwashes your kids in the Neo-Communist schools.
Diversity is, after all, just a powerful fluff-word used to cover the spiritual emptiness of the intellectually barren Left in control of all the Western societies at present. It is applied for the purpose of suppressing any dissent, which is thus shamed into silence. The false diversity appreciation symbol of the Left denotes the cheap equivalence of everything culturally inherited because “an eye altering [the picture] – alters all” (William Blake) meaning that the materialist and atheist vision of the Left cares nothing for the substance of inherited values and beliefs so it can afford to make them all look equivalent to each other, using the weapon of ignorance in the 21st century.
“…But the Mahommedan religion increases, instead of lessening, the fury of intolerance. It was originally propagated by the sword, and ever since, its votaries have been subject, above the people of all other creeds, to this form of madness. In a moment the fruits of patient toil, the prospects of material prosperity, the fear of death itself, are flung aside. The more emotional Pathans are powerless to resist. All rational considerations are forgotten. Seizing their weapons, they become Ghazis—as dangerous and as sensible as mad dogs: fit only to be treated as such. While the more generous spirits among the tribesmen become convulsed in an ecstasy of religious bloodthirstiness, poorer and more material souls derive additional impulses from the influence of others, the hopes of plunder and the joy of fighting. Thus whole nations are roused to arms. Thus the Turks repel their enemies, the Arabs of the Soudan break the British squares, and the rising on the Indian frontier spreads far and wide. In each case, civilisation is confronted with militant Mahommedanism. The forces of progress clash with those of reaction. The religion of blood and war is face to face with that of peace.” — Sir Winston Churchill
Islam is playing the part of the wild card (in poker) or the pawn-promotion piece (in chess) in the new concert of the great powers of the world. While the primitive geopolitical religion of the village Islam cannot act independently, it can act violently and unpredictably in the service of the tensions and designs of great powers upon one another, as has been the case since the Cold War. And the distortions in the incoherent Western policies led by amateurs towards the members of the Muslim World (e.g. Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Egypt) only make matters worse and have resulted in the further estrangement of the Middle East from the Western centers of power – Brussels, Washington, and Berlin. The West is losing a geopolitical game of chess against the new power players of the East: Russia, China and Iran – as the West keeps tripping on Islam thanks to the liberal blindfold tied around its face by the Left.
Turkey With Only One Foot In the NATO Alliance: the West pushes Ankara Into The Embrace of Russia and Iran
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan may be stronger than he was before, and Turkey is certainly farther away from the West, a conservative Russian portal “Sputnik” writes a year after an unsuccessful military coup.
Turkey is threatened with sanctions, the European Parliament is requesting a formal suspension of negotiations on Turkey’s accession to the European Union, Turkish state news agency Anatolia has been publishing detailed information on the ten secret US Army bases in Syria … and, on the other hand, Turkey, a NATO member, the largest NATO military, with Russia negotiating the purchase of S-400 anti-missile systems, the Turkish Stream gas pipeline is being built, Erdogan even announces the ascension of Turkey to the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, the Asian security bloc led by Russia and China, Sputnik writes. What kind of game does Turkey play? Is its departure from the West lasting, and what will be the consequences for the power ratio out of all these squabbles and realignments?
Former Yugoslav Foreign Minister Vladislav Jovanovic and publicist and historian Nemanja Starovic spoke about these issues in the “New Sputnik Order”.
– In recent history, there have been no such tensions between Turkey and the West. This is a unique situation, “said Vladislav Jovanovic, pointing out that some of the reasons for these tensions are in Erdogan’s personality. “His vanity was terribly injured by the coup that completely surprised him. His closest partners, the Americans, not only felt they were silent and did not react, but Erdogan suspected them to have been in touch with the crowd. On the other hand, Russia she ran for help, pointing to what was being prepared. All this led to Erdogan starting to look for new coordinates for the orientation of Turkey. ”
– The failed coup of July 15 last year only accelerated and emphasized certain processes. These processes of easy separation of Turkey from Washington and other Western partners begin in 2012 and 2013 … Then began the breakup of Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Fetullah Gulen, former close associates. Gulen, whom Erdogan has accused of organizing the coup, has since been in America, under the protection of the CIA agency, which in the past, since the collapse of the USSR, made important services in the post-Soviet region of Central Asia – says Nemanja Starović.
Can the West itself allow a geopolitical reorientation of Turkey?
– For the West, Turkey is extremely important. In the meantime, she played the role of a forwarded counterpart to the Soviet Union and the Arab world. Although the situation has changed in the meantime, the strategic and geopolitical significance of Turkey in the eyes of the West is irreplaceable. That’s why it will not be so easy to get out of hand – Vladislav Jovanovic answers.
He expresses the belief that the West will be forced to make concessions to Turkey, but also points out that this country, “although it has grown both economically and politically, does not dare to cross the Rubikon and break its ties with the West.” On the other hand, however, he adds, Erdogan’s trust built around the Russian warning of the coup “is now being used to build special relations between Turkey and Russia.”
Over the past few months, relations between Turkey and Germany have become increasingly sharper. Zigmar Gabriel, the German foreign minister, even announces a radical change in German policy towards Turkey – “We can not continue as before,” said Chancellor Merkel’s Chancellor Stephen Zaybert this week, saying measures against Turkey “are necessary and inevitable” . Mevlut Cavusoglu, the Turkish foreign minister, says that Turkey will not succumb to these threats.
– Both the Turkish and German governments are, in some respects, the slaves of public opinion in their countries, which are very negative towards Germany or Turkey – says Nemanja Starović, backing his words with the results of a recent poll in Turkey that showed that the United States they regard as the greatest enemy of the Turkish people. The second biggest enemy is Israel, and the third is the European Union.
Nevertheless, Sputnikov’s interlocutors are convinced that a more serious conflict between Turkey and Germany will not come.
“The key to political stability in Europe is in Ankara,” Starović said, reminding of the agreement on the retention of migrants and refugees in Turkey. And besides, Vladislav Jovanovic adds, “Germany, who wants to leave the shadow of America, needs to cooperate with other important factors.”
The relations between Turkey and America have been distorted, it seems, even more serious. After the Turkish state news agency Anadolia discovered locations and other details of ten secret US military bases in Syria, a Pentagon spokesman expressed serious concern over the fact that NATO’s alliance “deliberately brings American troops to danger” by publishing confidential information.
Recalling that one of the focal points of the Pučka activities was in the Indžirlik base, in which the US Army was stationed, and that the core of the coup was in aviation that is under great American influence, Nemanja Starović says that the worsening of the relationship of yesterday’s close friends was significantly contributed by US support for the Syrian Kurds, “which is not only political, but also in huge amounts of weapons, including the heavy weapons that have arisen over the past few months. It should be borne in mind that the forces of the Syrian Kurds have extended the hand of the terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party in Turkey … In addition, in the recent Qatar crisis – Turkey’s interests were in positions that are opposite from the US. ”
– All this, step by step, Turkey is further away from the sphere of influence of Washington. And when the S-400 systems finally arrive in Turkey and are under the control of the Turkish army, outside NATO umbrellas, we can say that this country has come out of the Western Alliance with one leg, “Starović said.
And will they join eastern integration? In November last year, Erdogan publicly expressed his desire to become Turkey’s full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, which currently has the status of a dialogue partner. “Business insider” commented on this as “threatening the second strongest NATO military force by a dramatic turn to Russia and China.”
– There is a general tendency of leaning prominent Western countries towards the East. Let’s not forget that both Britain and many other Western countries have joined the Asian Investment and Infrastructure Bank led by China, which has angered America. But it’s the adjustment to reality. Iran and Pakistan are already in the SOS or are close to membership, and Turkey must think about it. And it can happen that these countries, once a sword in the hands of America against China and Russia, come together in the organization led by these two countries – comments Vladislav Jovanovic.
In the end, Sputnikov’s interlocutors agree that Turkey will primarily try to lead an independent policy, and whether it will lead closer to the East or the West will depend primarily on the relations of the two sides towards the Kurdish issue. Under a Western threat of activating a Kurdish autonomy – Turkey has now succeeded in approaching its old regional rival, Iran, writes Sputnik.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.