UK: Muslim who tried to carry a pipe bomb on to a flight at Manchester Airport is jailed for 18 years


He was initially let go, because British police decided that his pipe bomb wasn’t a working explosive.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but even if the bomb wasn’t working, how could these craven quislings let him go? What happened to reason? Logic? Self-preservation?

But no worries, the UK police has vowed to capture anyone on social media who writes critically of the jihadis.

“Passenger who tried to carry a pipe bomb on to a flight at Manchester Airport is jailed for 18 years,” by Keiligh Baker, MailOnline, August 23, 2017:

A would-be terrorist who attempted to carry a pipe bomb on to a flight at Manchester Airport has today been jailed for 18 years.

Nadeem Muhammad was jailed at Manchester Crown Court for possessing an explosive with intent to endanger life after a pipe bomb was found in his hand luggage.

Muhammad, 43, was attempting to board a Ryanair flight to Bergamo, Italy, on January 30 when security officers found the device, made from batteries, tape, a marker pen and pins.

When the object was swabbed there was no trace of explosive on the outside and officers did not believe it was a viable device.

It was only after further forensic examination weeks later that it was found to be dangerous and Muhammad was charged with a bomb plot.

CCTV shows Muhammad, wearing a dark parka coat and jeans, stroll between crowds of other passengers as he gets off a shuttle and walks through the airport’s entrance.

Muhammad was found guilty of possessing explosives with intent to endanger life at Manchester Crown Court.

After sentencing, Judge Patrick Field QC criticised airport security for making a ‘wholly erroneous and potentially dangerous’ conclusion that the bomb was not viable after it was seized by officers.

Judge Field said: ‘I cannot have been the only person alarmed by some of the evidence in this case and the lack of concern that was expressed that lead members of staff to reach a wholly erroneous and dangerous conclusion that that device was not a bomb and was not dangerous.

‘As a result, one member of staff even put the device into her pocket and tested it in the shoe x-Ray machine.

‘It occurred to me that by acting in that way she put herself, fellow members of staff and the public at risk.

‘When the police became involved they too readily accepted an assurance the bomb was not dangerous and an early opportunity to arrest the defendant was missed.

‘There was risk that he could have escaped justice all together. It was therefore as a result of good luck rather than good judgement that this matter came to a satisfactory conclusion.

‘In these dangerous times there is no room for complacency and I express a hope that security at the airport is subject to a thorough review of the highest level.’

The judge told Muhammed: ‘You carried an improvised explosive device, a pipe bomb concealed within the front compartment of your hand luggage to terminal three of Manchester airport.

‘Had you not been intercepted at the airport by security you were undoubtably have carried that bomb onto a plane bound for Bergamo were it was to be detonated.

‘It included a number of pins that were in no doubt to increase the harm caused by the explosion.

‘If it had exploded it would have had the potential to hurt individuals and danger property very close at the time of explosion.

‘If detonated in the confines of the cabin in a commercial airliner would have posed considerable danger and injuries to those close to the device and therefore this is a very serious and grave offence.’

The court had heard that airport staff swabbed the device, which was later found to contain nitroglycerin, but found no trace of explosive and terminal three security manager Deborah Jeffrey initially put it into her pocket.

The judge said the situation was ‘compounded’ by police who accepted the assurance that the device was not viable and missed an ‘early opportunity’ to arrest Muhammad – who was allowed to board a flight to Italy five days later and another back to the UK before he was arrested on February 12.

Earlier this month a jury reached a majority verdict of 10 to two on the charge following 15 hours and 45 minutes of deliberations.

During the trial it was revealed Muhammad was released shortly after being questioned by counter terrorism officers when the bomb was first found.

He was then allowed to board another flight to Bergamo, near Milan, five days later.

The court also heard Muhammad, who was born in Pakistan but had an Italian passport, was planning to detonate the bomb once on board the Boeing 737.

Muhammad from Bury, Greater Manchester, was questioned by officers from the counter terrorism unit but released.

He returned to the airport the following day to collect his mobile phone, which had been taken by police, and then again on February 5 when he boarded another flight to Italy.

It was only on February 8 when the device was examined by forensics officers that suspicions were raised and the bomb squad was called….

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Pin It on Pinterest