News Ticker >
[ September 20, 2019 ]

Stronger on an open thread

[ September 20, 2019 ]

Facebook Created Over 100 Pro-ISIS Pages, Meantime Censoring Conservatives

[ September 20, 2019 ]

France: The High Court condemns political commentator Eric Zemmour for telling the truth about Islamic...

[ September 20, 2019 ]

President Trump’s Approval Rating Surpasses Obama’s, Not Just on Rasmussen Reports

[ September 20, 2019 ]

Jihad-Rep Ilhan Omar Tells Congressional Black Caucus Crowd God ‘Expects’ Them To Vote a Certain...

[ September 20, 2019 ]

Afghanistan’s Taliban tells teachers, students to block presidential elections or risk death

[ September 20, 2019 ]

Alabama Muslim arrested in terrorism probe; said he would kill soldier for Islam

[ September 20, 2019 ]

Trump administration threatens to cut funding from university course for dishonest, pro-Islam discussion of Islam

[ September 20, 2019 ]

New Jersey Muslim Targeted UN, JFK Airport, New York Stock Exchange, Port Authority Bus Terminal,...

[ September 20, 2019 ]

NYC: ‘Defund Hate’ Week Protest Senators and MicroSoft

Spain: JIHADIS WITH SUICIDE VESTS, police stop second attack after 13 killed in Barcelona

19

The jihadis were wearing suicide vests – are authorities still unclear as to motive?

Residents of the Spanish seaside resort of Cambrils fled in terror in the early hours of Friday after five terrorists wearing suicide vests launched the second ramming attack in the country in a matter of hours. (Telegraph)

Spanish police say they have killed five people in the town of Cambrils to stop a second attempted van attack after an earlier one in Barcelona.

The attackers were wearing explosive belts, police said.

August 17, 2017: BBC:

Thirteen people died and dozens were injured when a van ploughed into crowds in Barcelona’s Las Ramblas area on Thursday afternoon. The driver of the van fled and is still at large.

Spain’s Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said it was a “jihadist attack”.

The authorities are now linking the attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils with an explosion at a house on Wednesday evening in the town of Alcanar that left one person dead.

Earlier, police chief Josep Lluis Trapero said it appeared the residents at the Alcanar house had been “preparing an explosive device”.
In Cambrils seven people including a police officer were wounded when a car was driven into a group early on Friday, Catalan emergency services said. One is in critical condition.

Spanish media reported that the attackers’ vehicle overturned and when the men got out they were quickly fired upon by police.

A series of controlled explosions was then carried out.

Police say the situation in Cambrils – a popular seaside resort to the south-west of Barcelona – is now under control.

Meanwhile police are continuing to search for the driver of the van used in the Barcelona attack, who fled on foot.

Tourists and locals fled when the rented vehicle sped down Las Ramblas in the centre of the city, mowing down people.

Witnesses said the van deliberately targeted people, weaving from side to side as it drove down the boulevard.

Two people have been arrested, but police say neither was the driver.

Police have released a photo of a man named as Driss Oubakir, whose documents were used to rent the van involved in the attack.

Local media say he is in his 20s, and was born in Morocco. However, latest reports suggest he has told police he was not involved, and that his documents were stolen.

So-called Islamic State has said it was behind the Las Ramblas attack, saying in a brief statement carried by its Amaq news agency that it was carried out by “Islamic State soldiers”. The group gave no further evidence or details to back this claim.

Vehicles have been used to ram into crowds in a series of attacks across Europe since July last year.

In another incident, police shot dead a man who drove into officers at a checkpoint on the outskirts of Barcelona, but the authorities said there was no evidence that he was connected to the attack in Las Ramblas.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest