News Ticker >
[ November 20, 2019 ]

Kapo Wing of Antisemitic Democrat Party: Trump is biggest threat to American Jews

[ November 20, 2019 ]

Chicago: Muslim convert worked on bomb plans and helped to preserve Islamic State propaganda on...

[ November 20, 2019 ]

Pennsylvania Democrat switches to independent, will caucus with Republicans

[ November 20, 2019 ]

After Iran Shuts Down Internet, U.S. Provides Ways for Iranians to Communicate During Internet Ban

[ November 20, 2019 ]

Canada votes for antisemitic resolution co-sponsored by North Korea

[ November 19, 2019 ]

“Impeachment” Cover-Up: Star Witness Alexander Vindman Admits Making up Trump Call Summary

[ November 19, 2019 ]

Democrat Frontrunners Biden, Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg denounce pro-Israel policy, support Islamic Jew-hatred

[ November 19, 2019 ]

NYC Veterans Day 2019: Mayor de Blasio’s Comrade Leftists Oppose Patriotic Americans

[ November 19, 2019 ]

100 Senators & Representatives Who Sent Letters Of Support To Designated Islamic Terror Group

[ November 19, 2019 ]

US Department of Education investigating NYU over antisemitism

‘Bomb Italian ships!’ Shock as Muslim general THREATENS Italy over migrant rules

71

It’s war. A different kind of war, but an invasion nonetheless. Al hijrah — immigration jihad. If the Europeans continue to refuse to recognize reality, they are defeated. War is war and refusing to fight is surrender.

‘Bomb Italian ships!’ Shock as Libyan general THREATENS Italy over migrant rules

LIBYA has ordered its military to bomb Italian ships in a shocking threat to naval fleets heading to the coast to help with the migrant crisis.

August 4, 2017, By Vickiie Oliphant, The Express:

The Italian government authorised the country’s navy to carry out the mission on Wednesday, in a bid to stop refugees crossing the Mediterranean sea and heading to Europe.

But the presence of Italian ships in Libyan waters provoked furious reactions from the north African country.

And General Khalifa Haftar, who controls most of the east of Libya, ordered his forces to bomb any ships engaged in the upcoming naval support mission according to a tweet by news site Al Arabiya.

The tweet read: “#Haftar orders bombing of #Italian warships requested by Sarraj.”

Gen Haftar’s forces are thought to be unlikely to open fire on the naval rescue mission ships.

But the threat could further complicate the already delicate project and further strain relations between the general and the country’s UN-backed government in Tripoli.

The Libyan National Army said in a statement: “Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar, issues orders to the Libyan naval bases in Tobruk, Benghazi, Ras Lanuf and Tripoli to confront any marine unit that enters the Libyan waters without the permission of the army.”

The order comes a few hours after Libya’s parliament in Tobruk also expressed its opposition to the Italian naval operation.

Ministers claimed the problem with the agreement for joint action to fight human traffickers is that Libya believes the presence of foreign ships would be a “violation of their national sovereignty”.The shocking warning comes after two Italian fishing boats were attacked by a vessel in Zarsis, off the border between Libya and Tunisia, in international waters.The boat, which apparently belonged to the Tunisian customs authorities, desisted and left.

Migrant crisis in LibyaEPA

The presence of Italian ships in Libyan waters provoked furious reactions

Italy agreed initially to deploy two ships, in the operation to help the Libyan coastguard and target people smugglers.The Italian Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti said there would be “no harm done or slight given to Libyan sovereignty”, before stressing the mission would not be a “blockade” preventing migrant boats from leaving.More than 94,000 migrants have crossed the Mediterranean to Italy so far this year according to the UN – a record number.(Additional reporting by Maria Ortega)

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest