Police believe that the Manchester jihadi did have accomplices — aside from Allah and his Prophet, that is.
Note, too, the reference to the bomb being funded by a “loan” from the British taxpayer — not much chance of calling that one in.
Manchester Arena attacker ‘did NOT act alone’: Terrorist carried his bomb around city centre for hours before targeting Ariana Grande gig as police reveal they’ve found explosives at a ‘number of addresses’
- Suicide bomber Salman Abedi detonated device at Ariana Grande concert
- He killed 22 people, including seven children, in the shocking attack in May
- Police revealed today that they do not believe the 22-year-old acted alone
- Investigator says Abedi wasn’t part of ‘large network’, but more arrests likely
By Richard Spillett, Crime Correspondent For Mailonline. July 7, 2017:
Manchester Arena suicide bomber Salman Abedi did not act alone and carried his bomb around the city for hours before blowing himself up, police believe.
Anti-terror officers investigating the attack found explosives at a number of addresses around the city during raids after the attack, they revealed today.
Abedi, 22, detonated his bomb in the foyer of an Ariana Grande concert in May, killing 22 people, including seven children, and injuring 250.
Greater Manchester Police are currently working with authorities in Libya to speak to the bomber’s brother, Hashem, who is being held by a militia in the North African country.
Investigators are also looking into whether Abedi financed his bomb-making through a student loan.
Salman Abedi killed 22 and injured 250 when he set off a bomb in the busy foyer of Manchester Arena. Police said today that they do not believe he acted alone
It emerged today that police have recovered explosives from properties in Manchester. He milled around for hours in the city centre before making his way to the venue for the attack
The explosion ripped through the arena’s foyer as thousands of fans, mostly young girls and their parents, were leaving the venue following the performance.
DCS Russ Jackson, head of counter terrorism policing in the North West, said today that police were now clear on Abedi’s movements in the run-up to the attack, they knew the make-up of the bomb and where parts were obtained.
He said: ‘There were a number of opportunities he would have had to detonate the device.
‘On that evening, we’ve got him at different points in Manchester. That’s not all going to crowded places, but he’s got it in public places, at different points, with the the backpack on.’If we assume it’s all primed and ready to go – and that would be a reasonable working assumption – there there were different points he could have done it.
‘He’s clearly gone to different locations. We’re never going to get into this man’s mind. Our assessment is that he’s targeted the Arena. He wasn’t looking for somewhere else that evening.
‘He was out in the early part of the evening. The best we can say is for several hours before.’
Police carried out a number of raids in the days after the attack but have previously suggested Abedi acted alone. A total of 21 people have now been arrested, of which twelve people have been released without charge.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.