News Ticker >
[ June 17, 2019 ]

Trump supporters line up 42 hours early for Orlando campaign rally at Amway Center

[ June 17, 2019 ]

Three explosions in migrant-rich Malmö in 24 hours

[ June 17, 2019 ]

Al-Qaeda Praises Afghan Taliban ‘Victory’ over U.S. As Afghanistan Releases Hundreds of Taliban Prisoners Unconditionally

[ June 17, 2019 ]

Nigeria: Muslims murder 30 people who were watching football in jihad suicide bombings

[ June 17, 2019 ]

Heavily armed Muslim Marine arrested trying to enter Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, said...

[ June 17, 2019 ]

20 jihadists ‘neutralized’ in French-Malian counter-terrorism operation

[ June 17, 2019 ]

Stolen Torah Scrolls Found in Muslim Animal Pen

[ June 17, 2019 ]

BREAKING Muslim Brotherhood President Morsi dies in trial session

[ June 17, 2019 ]

Over half a dozen Muslim migrants arrested for rape in Sweden

[ June 17, 2019 ]

WATCH Man Screams At Hasidic Jew: ‘Hitler Did Not Kill Enough’ ‘Rat Jews’

Muslim ‘safe spaces’ where jihadis can plot jihad terror sparks outrage in Australia

46

A proposal by an Australian Islamic group to allow “safe spaces” for young Muslims to discuss “inflammatory” issues has sparked a row.

Safe from what, exactly? The kuffar pose no threat to them. It is the kuffar (Islamic world for filthy non-Muslims) who need safe spaces from Muslim waging jihad.

We are seeing a proliferation of Muslim “safe spaces” in the wake of escalating jihad terror. This latest manifestation of Islamic supremacism is designed to enable young people’s opinions to be “respectfully and intelligently debated and challenged.” It sounds like a protected space to plot jihad terror.

Muslim ‘safe space’ plan sparks row in Australia

By BBC news, June 8, 2017:

A proposal by an Australian Islamic group to allow “safe spaces” for young Muslims to discuss “inflammatory” issues has sparked a row.

The Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV) said such forums enabled young people’s opinions to be “respectfully and intelligently debated and challenged”.

But State Premier Daniel Andrews said he was “very troubled” by the idea of a space where people “could be radical”.

Victoria was rocked by a suspected terror attack earlier this week.

Gunman Yacqub Khayre killed a man, wounded three police officers and took a woman hostage during a siege at an apartment building on Monday night. He was later shot dead by police.

Australia has prevented a number of extremist attacks on home soil in recent years, and has been on alert amid fears over the return of Australians fighting for Islamist militant groups in Syria.

‘Rage space’

The ICV, which says it represents some 200,000 Muslims in Victoria, says the community is suffering mental health and other problems because of the widespread suspicion it faces.

It recommends, to a parliamentary inquiry into freedom of religion, funding a number of community-led initiatives – saying financial resources at the moment are concentrated mainly on national efforts to counter violent extremism.

ICV spokesman Adel Salman said they did not consider the “safe space” proposal controversial, because it is a practice that is already used to help young people in countries around the world.

“This is about good practice because the youth require an avenue to express their views in a safe environment… where they feel their views are valued, where they can be respectfully challenged and counter views presented,” he said.

He said such spaces would be “conducted with experts who are familiar with the methodology, and understand the way the conversation can be guided”.

And he criticised headlines which called the proposal “rage space” and “hate space”, saying the media had misconstrued what they were asking for.

But Premier Andrews ruled out any possibility of funding such an initiative.

“I am very troubled by the suggestion that we might have a space where people could be radical as part of a de-radicalisation programme. That makes no sense to me whatsoever”.

The Truth Must be Told

Your contribution supports independent journalism

Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.

Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.

Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.

Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.


Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.

Contribute Monthly - Choose One

Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email tips@thegellerreport.com

Pin It on Pinterest