The latest impending wave of Muslim migrants (al hijrah) comes from the same region (North Africa) as the Manchester mass-murdering Muslim who bombed the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.
And the EU will “not hesitate” to fine member states over migrant quotas. The EU machine is hellbent on the destruction of the continent it ought to serve. Conquest without even putting on the jackboots.
Nearly seven million migrants are ‘waiting to cross into Europe’: Leaked report warns of new crisis but Brussels insists the situation is under control
- Millions of asylum seekers are waiting to cross into Europe, leaked report says
- Confidential report says there 2.5million waiting in war-torn North Africa
- Surge has led to 1,200 deaths so far this year as gangs use ruthless tactics
Daily Mail, May 23, 2017:
More than six million asylum seekers are waiting to cross into Europe, a leaked intelligence report warns.
There has been a huge increase in the number of migrants hoping to reach EU countries, it says – contradicting claims from Brussels that the situation is under control.
The confidential report, leaked to German newspaper Bild, claims 6.6million migrants are waiting in countries around the Mediterranean sea to cross into Europe, including 2.5million in war-torn North Africa.
This year has already seen record numbers of African migrants making the perilous journey across the Mediterranean, with Italy the frontline of the crisis.
The surge has led to more than 1,200 deaths so far this year as smuggling gangs, largely operating in lawless Libya, resort to increasingly ruthless tactics. Charities have warned there could be even higher numbers making the crossing in the coming months.
The report, which is yet to be verified, warns the number waiting to cross into Europe has risen by 650,000 since the end of January alone – an increase of 12 per cent.
One million are living in Libya, it says, while around 3.3million of the total are currently in Turkey.
That figure has previously been disclosed by authorities. Of these, nearly 3 million are Syrians, including more than 1.3 million children, while the other 310,000 are mostly from Iraq and Afghanistan, according to UNICEF.
The number of those waiting in Turkey has remained relatively stable for 18 months but continues to put a strain on the country.
EU leaders have boasted that a controversial deal with Turkey which bolstered the country’s coastguard and saw sprawling migrant camps set up there has largely stemmed the flow of migrants making their way into Europe.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel reportedly plans to request similar deals with North African countries in a manifesto ahead of September’s election, according to Bild.
It will include plans for those who are rescued from drowning while attempting the crossing to be returned to the country from which they set out.
According to the report, another 1million are waiting in Egypt, 430,000 in Algeria, 160,000 in Tunisia, and 50,000 in Morocco. Others are waiting in transit countries along the route, with up to 720,000 in Jordan.
Mrs Merkel’s open-door migration policy led to a wave of criticism in 2015. While she has recently enjoyed success in the polls, another migrant surge could prove politically challenging.
Last year huge numbers of asylum seekers tried to reach Italy, with many losing their lives as boats sank along the way. This year the number attempting the crossing has already surged by 42 per cent – 44,222 compared to 31,205.
There have been disturbing claims that the mafia in Sicily – where many migrants arrive – are siphoning huge sums of public money allocated to address the issue.
Have a tip we should know? Your anonymity is NEVER compromised. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.