The brother was arrested in Libya. He sang like a canary and knew everything about the plot to blow up a pop concert filled with little girls. The father was arrested in Libya, too, insisting his suicide bomber son was innocent. Under Islamic law, the father is correct. Murder and mayhem in the cause of Islam is righteous.
Libya — stop immigration from jihad nations. Trump is right.
Four men are now in custody, including three arrested in south Manchester on Wednesday and a 23-year-old detained Tuesday. Police have not yet found the bomb making equipment — the bomb maker must still be at large.
The mosque, which, it is alleged, funded al Qaeda, should be shuttered immediately.
The 22-year-old behind the deadly bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester was linked to a wider network and had returned to Britain from Libya just days before launching his attack, officials say.
Police named Salman Abedi, a British-born national of Libyan descent, as the bomber in the attack on Manchester Arena, which killed at least 22 people, including children, on Monday night. Abedi died in the blast, in what appears to have been a suicide bombing. (WPIX)
“It is very clear that this is a network we are investigating,” Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said Wednesday following a series of raids and arrests after the attack.
Manchester attack latest: Bomber’s brother ‘was aware of all details’ and ‘planned own terror attack’
- Manchester bomber’s father Ramadan detained in Tripoli, Libya
- Follows Tripoli arrest of bomber’s younger brother Hashem
- Security forces say brother was planning terror attack
- Fifth suspect arrested in Wigan in connection with attack
- Almost 1,000 British soldiers being deployed on streets today
- Military guard Buckingham Palace, Downing St, Westminster
- Soldiers arrive as Theresa May launches Operation Temperer
- Threat level raised to critical, suggesting attack ‘imminent’
- Police confirm officers investigating ‘network’ behind bomber
- Attacker’s father breaks silence to claim son is innocent
- Man with knife arrested at Buckingham Palace as UK on alert
- The bomber: University dropout who turned to terror
- The victims: Girl, eight, among 22 people killed as scores hurt
- Everything we know about attack targeting Ariana Grande gig
A fifth suspect, believed to be carrying a package, has been arrested in Wigan today as detectives probe a “network” linked to the Manchester suicide bomber.
The man was taken into custody in connection with Monday night’s attack and officers are assessing the package, Greater Manchester Police said.Meanwhile, the terrorist’s father and brother were detained in Libya while police have confirmed that an off-duty female police officer was among the 22 people killed in the attack.
Libyan security forces said the brother “was aware of all the details” of attack plans.
Chief Constable Ian Hopkins has said officers are investigating associates of Salman Abedi when asked if they are seeking a “bomb maker”.
Abedi’s father Ramadan has reportedly been detained by Libyan counter terrorism police while recording television interviews, according to ITV News.
It follows an interview in which he denied his son Salman’s involvement in the blast and said: “We don’t believe in killing innocents. This is not us.”
Abedi’s younger brother Hashem has also reportedly been arrested in Tripoli, Libya, on suspicion of having links to the Islamic State group that claimed responsibility for the attack.
It is believed he travelled there on April 16.
On Wednesday a Muslim community worker told BBC News that members of the public called the police anti-terrorism hotline warning about Abedi’s extreme and violent views several years ago.
It follows reports in the US that security services had been made aware of his views through a family member.
NBC News also reported that multiple US intelligence and law enforcement officials say UK bomber, Salman Abedi, was known to US authorities before attack.
It comes as nearly 1,000 soldiers are being immediately deployed on Britain’s streets to support police in the wake of the Manchester suicide bombing, as the UK remains on critical terror alert amid fears Abedi did not act alone.
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.