How many people will be killed in jihad attacks by these savages because Obama released them? Why the obsession to release these Islamic slaughters into the world?
These are the actions of a leader aligned with the jihad force.
The group being released will be drawn from those held at Guantanamo — who include an accused senior al Qaeda bomb-maker, the terror group’s top financial manager, and two intended 9/11 hijackers, who have all been held in the Cuba-based U.S. detention facility for more than a decade.
EXCLUSIVE: At least 18 MORE Guantanamo detainees to be freed within days as Obama starts mass transfer of fanatics who have threatened to bomb and behead Americans
- DailyMail.com has learned that at least 22 of the 59 Guantanamo Bay detainees should be transferred before January 20; four were moved on Thursday
- Move would mean more than a third of the detainees leaving U.S. custody before Donald Trump takes office
- Trump has already warned President Obama against moving any of those there saying they are ‘dangerous’
- DailyMail.com lists every detainee still held at Cuban facility first opened in 2002 – including one who threatened to behead a guard but is cleared to go
- Transfer scheme lets other countries take responsibility for the detainees but critics say supervision is minimal and some have returned to terror
- Those freed on Thursday were four Yemenis sent to Saudi Arabia
- Previously freed detainees have returned to the jihad, including at least four members of group which says it carried out Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
The group being released will be drawn from those held at Guantanamo – who include an accused senior al Qaeda bomb-maker, the terror group’s top financial manager, and two intended 9/11 hijackers, who have all been held in the Cuba-based U.S. detention facility for more than a decade.
According to a military source briefed on the process, as total of 22 detainees are being prepared for transfer out of the camp, also known as Gitmo, before January 20.
On Thursday afternoon, the Pentagon announced the ‘transfer’ of four detainees to Saudi Arabia – Yemenis Salem Ahmed Hadi, Mohammed Ghanim, Mohammed Bawazir, and Abdullah al Shabli.
A source told DailyMail.com there will be three more sets of transfers before Obama leaves office on January 20.
Although the White House has not specified which inmates will be transferred next – or which foreign countries have agreed to accept them – it has indicated that this will be a priority for Obama in his final days in office.
‘I can’t speak to any individual notifications that have been made to Congress or give you a specific preview about upcoming transfers,’ said White House press secretary Josh Earnest.
Empyting: A rare picture of inside Guantanamo Bay’s detention facilities, where 59 ‘worst of the worst’ are currently held. Obama plans to transfer as many as he can before leaving office
‘I think I would expect at this point additional transfers to be announced before January 20th.’
Obama will likely focus on moving detainees who have been ‘cleared for transfer’ – a group that includes the alleged head of al Qaeda’s bomb-manufacturing operation in eastern Afghanistan, the head of al Qaeda’s Tunisian faction in Afghanistan, and senior weapons trainers.
Those held in Guantanamo in recent years have been dubbed ‘the worst of the worst’ by military and intelligence officials.
But the move would come close to fulfilling Obama’s campaign promise from nearly a decade ago to close the U.S. military detention center located at the base in Cuba.
FREED DETAINEES WHO RETURNED TO TERROR
A series of those already freed from the Cuban facility have gone straight back to jihad. They include:
Ibrahim Sen: Held in Guantanamo Bay from February 2002 until November 8, 2003. Released to Turkey because U.S. officials reportedly could not find strong evidence tying him to al Qaeda. Has since been arrested twice in Turkey and charged with leading an al Qaeda cell.
Abdullah Mahsud (above): Freed to Pakistan in March 2004. Later that year, he ‘kidnapped two Chinese engineers and claimed responsibility for an Islamabad hotel bombing’, according to a report by the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency. Blew himself up in 2007 after being accused of orchestrating a suicide attack which killed 31.
Abdallah Salih al Ajmi: Freed to Kuwait in 2005. Three years later he blew himself up in the Iraqi city of Mosul, killing seven people.
Ibrahim Qosi : Freed in 2012 to Sudan. Two years later, became a leader in al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and has been featured in the terror group’s videos. The group has a at least three other senior members who were in Guantanamo and freed. It has taken credit for a string of international terror attacks, including the Charlie Hebdo shooting in 2015 and the attempted Christmas Day ‘underwear’ bombing in 2009.
But it is vehemently opposed by Republicans and the incoming Trump administration. The president-elect has already warned against any transfers at all, meaning the 22 planned moves will be another source of tension in the transition.
Fifty-nine enemy combatants in total still remain at Guantanamo, including terror ‘mastermind’ Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, two of the ’20th hijackers’ for the 9/11 attacks, and the strategists behind the USS Cole bombing of 2000.
The group includes al Qaeda henchmen from around the world who are trained in lethal military tactics – ranging from sniper assassins and rocket-propelled grenade operators, to explosives and chemical weapons experts.
The Guantanamo Bay detention center has come under significant criticism due to the indefinite detention of some prisoners, many of whom are held without official charges. Obama has promised since his 2008 campaign to shut down the prison.
Although US military officials have issued reports explaining the reasons for continued detentions, many of the accusations are based on claims from other captives or from intelligence that cannot be verified in court.
Supporters of the prison say it is necessary to keep it open due to the national security threat posed by the detainees and the difficulty of compiling a traditional legal case against battlefield terrorists.
President-elect Trump pushed back on Obama’s plan to release additional detainees this week, calling it ‘dangerous.’
‘There should be no further releases from Gitmo,’ wrote Trump on Twitter this week. ‘These are extremely dangerous people and should not be allowed back onto the battlefield.’
Senate Republicans have also expressed their opposition to Obama’s move.
Senator Tom Cotton told DailyMail.com that he will work with Trump to ensure that Guantanamo Bay remains open.
‘Guantanamo is a first-rate, humane facility for the long-term detention and interrogation of hardened terrorists,’ said Cotton. ‘I look forward to working with President Trump to ensuring it remains filled with senior al Qaeda and ISIL [ISIS] terrorists.’
The remaining 59 Guantanamo prisoners include 17 ‘high-value’ detainees, seven of whom are currently facing military charges, according to the New York Times.
Three others have already been convicted of war crimes, and an additional 26 are being detained indefinitely and are not recommended for transfer.
Twenty three others have been ‘recommended for transfer’ to foreign countries under certain security conditions, such as the detainees attending a rehabilitation program. But the requirements are left relatively vague, and are ultimately up to the foreign government to enforce.
According to the Department of Justice guidelines, inmates can only be considered for continued detention at Guantanamo Bay if they meet three criteria: their continued detention is deemed ‘lawful,’ they are unable to be prosecuted in a court, and they pose a security threat that ‘cannot be sufficiently mitigated through feasible and appropriate security measures.’
Prisoners who are not eligible for continued detention are recommended for transfer.
The list of ‘recommended for transfer’ prisoners includes a number of top al Qaeda operatives and commanders.
Digging in: ‘Guantanamo is a first-rate, humane facility for the long-term detention and interrogation of hardened terrorists,’ Senator Tom Cotton, a Republican, told DailyMail.com
Key figure: The 59 are all linked to Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda leader who some knew personally and swore loyalty to
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.