Europe and US are ISIS’ next targets, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia warned in remarks published Saturday.
“If we ignore them, I am sure they will reach Europe in a month and America in another month,” Abdullah said, according to reports in Saudi media.
“Terrorism knows no border and its danger could affect several countries outside the Middle East,” the king said.
I am sure he is right, although I am not so sure I understand the difference between the Saudi’s Islamic brutality and the Islamic State’s. Jihad is jihad. The Saudis spread jihad by financing epidemic mosque expansion — 80% of the mosques in the US are financed by the Saudis. The Islamic State spreads Islam by the sword.
The leader of the choom gang says there is no threat!
“Amid ISIS violence, Saudi king warns of threat to U.S.” ABC News, August 30, 2014
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — The king of Saudi Arabia has warned that extremists could attack Europe and the U.S. if there is not a strong international response to terrorism after Islamist extremists seized a wide territory across Iraq and Syria.
ISIS flexes recruitment muscle on digital media
While not mentioning any terrorist groups by name, King Abdullah’s statement appeared aimed at drawing Washington and NATO forces into a wider fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, and its supporters in the region. Saudi Arabia openly backs rebels fighting Syrian President Bashar Assad, but is concerned that the breakaway al Qaeda group could also turn those very same weapons on the kingdom.
“I am certain that after a month they will reach Europe and, after another month, America,” he said at a reception for foreign ambassadors Friday.
Official Saudi media carried the king’s comments early Saturday.
“These terrorists do not know the name of humanity and you have witnessed them severing heads and giving them to children to walk with in the street,” the king said, urging the ambassadors to relay his message directly to their heads of state.
White House attempts damage control after president’s ISIS “strategy” comments
CBS News correspondent Julianna Goldman reports from Washington that President Obama didn’t talk military planning Friday night when he met with Democratic donors, but he said that he understands that Americans are anxious about the growing threat of ISIS, and he acknowledged that it’s a dangerous time in the Middle East.
A day after the president said that he doesn’t have a strategy yet for confronting ISIS, also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL, in Syria, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Mr. Obama is waiting for his defense secretary to present a plan.
“There are some who probably would make the case that it’s OK to not have a formulated, comprehensive strategy but, just as one pundit I know recently suggested, that we could just go drop some bombs and see what happens,” Earnest told reporters Friday. “That is not what the president believes is a smart approach.”
Obama: “We don’t have a strategy yet” on ISIS in Syria
Echoing that message, Pentagon spokesman Adm. John Kirby said the Defense Department doesn’t have binders full of plans at any given moment.
“Planners down in Tampa and planners here in the Pentagon continually refine and change and update planning options for potential military activity,” Kirby told reporters Friday. “It is an ongoing effort.”
The U.S. military campaign against ISIS is so far limited to targets in Iraq, but Mr. Obama is considering expanding the mission to also include Syria, where this week he ordered surveillance flights.
Pamela Geller's shocking new book, "FATWA: HUNTED IN AMERICA" is now available on Amazon. It's Geller's tell all, her story - and it's every story - it's what happens when you stand for freedom today. Buy it. Now. Here.