Not that you would want to be treated by such compassionate practitioners of medicine. How would the Obama administration, the same regime that would jail Americans for not buying health insurance, handle this?
July 23, 2011 by creeping
The next generation of doctors believe they should have the right to refuse to treat certain patients based on personal, moral and religious beliefs.
An anonymous survey of more than 700 British medical students found nearly half felt they should be entitled to make conscientious objections to carrying out procedures, including abortions and treating drunk patients.
Most of their objections were linked to non-religious reasons, but about one-fifth of students cited religion as the key factor.
Out of the 10 different religious groups the students belonged to, Muslims were the most likely to believe they had a right to conscientiously object.
“[The survey] is a litmus test for the future in that they didn’t survey doctors; they surveyed students,” Australian Medical Association president Steve Hambleton said.
“It may be that we need to focus some of those ethical issues in medical courses, given the increase in the number of female students and there being more of a mix of race and religion [among medical students].”
More than three-quarters of Muslim students and more than half of Jewish and Protestant students felt doctors had a right to make a conscientious objection.
Will training overcome religious ideologies? Sharia? Hospitals in the U.S. are becoming more sharia compliant.
…radical Islam’s bloody perversion of the medical profession traces back to the Egypt-based Muslim Brotherhood, the global terror operation that wooed wealthy young docs and other intellectual elites with cushy union benefits.
– Ayman al-Zawahiri, a surgeon from a family of doctors, was raised in the Muslim Brotherhood; helmed the murderous Islamic Jihad; and masterminded myriad al-Qaida plots before succeeding Osama bin Laden this summer.
– Former Hamas leader Abdel Rantissi, bent on wiping out the children of Israel, was a pediatrician.
– Convicted al-Qaida scientist Aafia Siddiqui studied microbiology at MIT and did graduate work in neurology at Brandeis.
– Rafiq Abdus Sabir was a Columbia University grad who served as an emergency room physician in Boca Raton, Fla., before his terrorism conviction in 2007 for agreeing to provide medical aid and treatment to wounded al-Qaida fighters so they could return to Iraq to kill American soldiers.
– Rafil Dhafir, an Iraqi-born oncologist, practiced in New York before being convicted in 2004 on 59 criminal counts related to violating Iraqi sanctions and committing large-scale medical charity fraud.
– Mahmoud al-Zahar, another bloodthirsty Hamas biggie and medical doctor, described his specialty to a New York Times reporter in 2006 this way: ”’Thyroids: I’m very good at cutting throats,’ Dr. Zahar said, drawing his forefinger across his neck as a rare smile spread across his face.”
The Truth Must be Told
Your contribution supports independent journalism
Please take a moment to consider this. Now, more than ever, people are reading Geller Report for news they won't get anywhere else. But advertising revenues have all but disappeared. Google Adsense is the online advertising monopoly and they have banned us. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter have blocked and shadow-banned our accounts. But we won't put up a paywall. Because never has the free world needed independent journalism more.
Everyone who reads our reporting knows the Geller Report covers the news the media won't. We cannot do our ground-breaking report without your support. We must continue to report on the global jihad and the left's war on freedom. Our readers’ contributions make that possible.
Geller Report's independent, investigative journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our work is critical in the fight for freedom and because it is your fight, too.
Please contribute to our ground-breaking work here.
Make a monthly commitment to support The Geller Report – choose the option that suits you best.